AXiS-49 'Selfless' mode.
Selfless mode numbers the AXiS-49 keys MIDI 01-98.
There are many reasons why you might want to set your AXiS-49 to give out 98 unique MIDI note numbers rather than the Harmonic Table pattern. Perhaps you want lots of triggers in a small space, for live or DJ use, or so you can re-map all the keys in software for your own set-up.
Units now shipping have Selfless mode
By holding down a Transpose key for 3-4 seconds whilst you plug the unit in you can set or re-set the mode. No, not just after plugging in, during plugging in and a couple of seconds more.
In Selfless mode:
- MIDI note numbers become as the pattern below
- The Transpose keys do not transpose
- Pressing both Transpose keys at once still sends a MIDI 'All Notes Off' signal.
- The mode cannot be changed during operation.
- The mode is remembered when you unplug the unit.
- To change the unit to Harmonic-Table mode, unplug the unit and plug it in again holding down the Transpose Up key.
- To change the unit to Selfless mode, unplug the unit and plug it in again holding down the Transpose Down key.